HOW TO TEST FOR HIV
WHEN YOU ARE READY OPEN THE POUCH.
1. Remove the buffer pot from the end of your BioSURE HIV Self test device and place it in the hole in the tray.
Remove the lid from the end of the safety lancet.
- Place the red pad against your finger (on the upper side of your index finger is the best place, avoid the pad of your finger if possible as this is where all the nerve endings are!)
- Push down until you hear a click.
- The lancet will make a tiny cut in your skin.
- You might need to gently sqeeze you finger to produce a small, round drop of blood.
- NB - Please note the lancet will only work once, after that it is broken,
3. Touch the tip of your test device onto the drop of blood until the tip automatically fills. It only takes a second
- You now have enough blood to run your test.
4. Now pierce the foil top of the buffer pot with the tip of the test device and PUSH DOWN HARD. It is essential that you push the test down to the bottom of the buffer pot until you can't push it any further.
5. Start timing 15 minutes. The test needs to remain upright in the box while it runs.
- After 3 minutes check to see that your test is running. If it's not, make sure the device is pushed right to the bottom of the buffer pot.
6. After 15 minutes your test will be completed and you will be able to move on to read Your Result.